View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Your Trucks Past History

My`72 K2500 was originally owned by a man in Central California.He used it as a 5th wheel travel trailer hauler.He equipped it with things like coolers,trans temp gauge in blank hole,added a tach,auxilary tanks,hoist to mount platter,big horn,and a tune-up vacuum gauge with economy ranges in color code mounted in plain view.
I don`t know how his ownership ended,but it was in`98.
The second owner was a man in Modesto that had a trucking company and smoked Tiparillo-style cigars.It ended up at a used car lot in town and a friend told me about it.That`s all it took.Next thing ya know it`s shipped to Indianapolis because that was as far east it could go before considered an east coast shipment and prices jumped significantly.I bought a one way plane ticket for $150 and flew out on the thursday before Memorial Day weekend`01.Too bad I couldn`t see the Indy500.The city was hoppin,though.I hopped in it and drove it back on the original blue plates that were good through 10/01.I enjoyed running I-70 with all the groups of bikers headed to Rolling Thunder in Washington,DC and had some great conversation with many on stops.With the 3 tanks I didn`t stop as much as normal.I stopped near Zanesville,OH at a truck stop,ate,and pulled behind a row of semis behing a gaurdrail so they couldn`t back into me.I had brought a sleeping bag and layed across the seat to spend the 1st night with my truck in it.Rolled out for a walk across the lot for a great trucker breakfast.I pulled off the road near the Ohio/WVA line when I saw a sign for an old hubcap dealer.He went in the back and came back with a decent original cap saying they are hard to come by and needed $20.$20 less in my wallet and with a nicer rear cap popped on I crossed the Ohio into WVA and came on though the mountains,visited my folks,then on to my place.
Here`s a picture from a joint I stopped at on the way back:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote