View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 02:41 AM   #18
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

nice to see you again jer, hope the blazer brakes work out for you

intake gaskets on the "golden suffering" 49 donor suffered a radiator event. I had been letting my 16 year old bomb around in the truck but noticed a little steam when she parked home from school. I took it for a blast and the temp shot right up. The radiator showed a little water leak at the seam, so I topped up the fluids and gave LD2 grandmas crv for the time being. The next day I picked up some electrical for the addition and had real steam on the highway, then the heat went away.....parked and checked the rad, empty, checked the oil, about 2 gallons too full. 4.3 intake gaskets.

ordered the felpro kit, metal gaskets and all the odds and ends like fuel orings and such. tore down. look how bad this went for the gaskets.

someone had done the job once before and didnt use metal gaskets, and didnt replace the intake bolts either.

cleaning up, milkshake city. this is before scraping and cleaning the gasket surfaces, settle dahn nah

had to replace the radiator, it had a 7 inch long crack on the front side of the tank, unseen until replacement. got a used one since I have a new aluminum one for the swap

all done!

got a new gauge cluster too, the stepper motors in here will find their way to the original 49 gauges.

I am currently laying out patterns for s10 swap body mounts for the plasma!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote