View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #1197
ponderosa

Re: ChevyLand ‘The Truck Photo Tour’

ChevyLand you asked for some ideas because you were going to be traveling around the new england area. How ever it will work for you get on to route 2 and head west. In deerfield mass is the yankee candle factory, they have an awful nice tour and a pile of old vehicles. Next continue on rte 2 which once you cross over 91 is called the mohawk trail. After a while you'll get to florida, mass which is always good. Down in north adams mass continue on to williamstown. Grab 7 north and run it up into bennington vermont. At route 9 head west again and take in hemmings museum. Head up route 7 which is ok, but a fun an alternative route is to go route 9 over hogback mountain. this takes you into brattleboro vt. Gone north aways into putney vt. and stop at mr. curtis's barbque stand and have some fine smoked meat. Back track just a little and get onto route 30. On route 30 no more than 10 miles up although I don't know the name of the town is a cool little quarry on the right hand side that claims to be the first quarry in the us. This is well worth the stop of looking at. Continue on to route 30, if you have time for a little side trip at route 100 go north to weston for the vermont country store great little place to hang out. Tons of stuff you will not see in other places. Awfully nice little resturant riught next door. After that little side trip get back onto rte 30 continue to follow that till you get to route 22A which will take you into 73 over to fort ticonderoga ny. In NY take 22 north to 125 in vermont. take 125 west into middlebury through middlebury into hancock thats a wicked mountain ride. You'll come out on to rte 100 again if you have the time and the desire the little country store on the left hand side has some awful nice hot dogs and the nicest maple cookies you ever did see. From there follow 100 grab rte 2 into montpelier vt. Montpelier has some beautiful granite buildings including the state house and state museum. Now this is a good start I have a bunch more stuff if your interested. If you want to come grab either my 71 2wheel drive with a 6 cyclinder or the 72 4wheel drive with a v8.
ponderosa is offline   Reply With Quote