Thread: Skunks!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #14
Killer Bee

Re: Skunks!!

must be the season, I just went a round with one at our house in socal last week.. our 85lb puppy kept running behind the garage and raising hell but I thought it was the lizards he was chasing.. anyways, he wouldn't give up so I went back there to retrieve him and noticed what looked like cat poop around the edge of the concrete blocks my storage bins sit on.. saw something similar few years ago and our exterminator told me it was cat or skunk so now I was a little concerned..

we were leaving friday and our house/dog sitter was taking over, didn't have any time for this.. I locked the dog in the house and moved a few things around so I could kneel down and see through those blocks and.... yep, not 6 inches from the end of one course was a little button nose facing me with eyes wide LoL.. well he couldn't turn around and probably couldn't even hike his tail up for a rear area burst so he was more scared than I was.. so now, how do I influence him to leave without getting sprayed or for that matter, spraying anything back there? garden hose! made a forward assault on his position and flushed the whole area out until he was gone.

I had a short stack of bricks so I plugged all the cells in the concrete blocks and closed up all the openings in the fence on that side.. basically rolled up his welcome mat so far no reports of any altercations from the sitter so hopefully he's moved along to more welcome lands..

we've also got them around the farm but they're harmless here, they eat insects and small rodents and such.. got no issue with them so long as they keep their distance from the house