View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #109
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

As a matter of fact, Larry's just as excited about this build as I am. Usually if we need to coordinate anything during business hours we text, get it straight and I'll call on the way out of the shop. Nope not today. He pulled the rear seat and rubber floor mat out of the rear to discover a mint, pristine rear floor. He had to call me. The entire rear cargo area where you all know rot out at the rear sill and back is spotless. Not one pit of rust. Paint is perfect except for one spot in the middle where it looks like the muffler looked like it got hot and scorched the paint.

Plan for today was lift the top off and get the beast inside the shop finally! Big Day! Larry had the top unbolted before I got there so after a frosty one we popped the the lid off and set it next to the shop. We then went into action to move the truck with Larry's trusty Craftsman lawn tractor. So with me sitting on a 5 gallon bucket he yanked it forward to the driveway. I darn near fell off the bucket when I ran over the chain. We fixed that and pulled it backwards up the driveway with me just sitting on the floor now. I got to say that little tractor barked and squeeled the tires most of the way up the driveway, but it did it. It is inside the shop now and I got to "drive" it for the first time!

Here's the rear floor:

We hatched a couple of more plans and called it a night.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote