View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #8
Overdriven

Re: First Impressions

I was 19, my father and I pooled our limited resources together to buy a light blue 67 lwb, 250 3ott with ps and the sketchiest tow hitch ever made out of angle iron. We replaced the shocks, sanded some of the rust spots and spray bombed them with paint that was close enough. Spray bombed the grill, bumpers and that trailer hitch with some fresh white and drove her. I loved how that truck just chugged along and the 3ott was beyond cool in my eyes. My friends and especially teenage girls didn’t get it though, they thought fart cans on import $h!tboxes was cooler. That and the constant inquiries to sell the truck were wearing thin.

We got her in early spring, drove her through the summer and sold her in the fall. We paid $1100, sold her within days of putting the word out (no ads were taken out) for $3000. Not bad for some shocks and spray paint. We kept track of the truck for awhile but it kept changing hands and we don’t know where it ended up. But a few years back I got another 67 lwb 250 30tt and my father picked up a 72 lwb a few months back.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote