View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #200
cebra

Re: 71 Cheyenne Rooftop Build

Thanks, I guess I have not updated in a while. The truck is my daily driver now, I am putting a bit over 2K miles per month and just ran it about 700 miles roundtrip for Christmas and I am taking it on a snowboard trip on Monday. I really like getting thumbs up and stuff driving it every day. The drawback is thus far it is drive during the week and fix on the weekend until the bugs get worked out. Currently I have a DS headlight pointed at the ground that is being stubborn and a leaking driveshaft seal on the transmission that popped up this trip. I resolved the following issues: belt squeal (got a new bracket from Kwik, this was a 4 month battle that instantly resolved with their new bracket), leaking windshield (3M windoweld in top corners), leaking cab (filled hole for antenna wire), driveshaft vibration (replaced worn rearend yoke and added pinion shims on top of my 2" blocks). I also got new headlights (the clear ones from LMC) for Christmas and a much needed ashtray cupholder dealio. Here are some pics on various roadtrips.
Attached Images