View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #148
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Those little 'Y' spacers sound like the shims for the upper control arms. Those are used between the upper control arm shaft and the part of the crossmember against the side of the frame. The shims are added or removed during the front end alignment process to adjust the caster and camber of the front wheels. There's really no way of knowing how many and what thickness to put where without doing a front end alignment. Yes you can bolt the '76 C10 control arms to your '66 GMC front suspension crossmember. As long as it isn't a 3/4 ton. I would recommend upgrading to the larger '76 U-bolts used on the lower control arm shaft. You will need to drill out the holes in the crossmember to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_1966_GMC View Post
well i finally got the front suspension from a 76 chevy c10 during the weekend everything getting rebuild rigth now i had a few question the suspension wasnt removed by me when i got it they had a quy uninstall it for free there were these little y looking spacer on there how are those spacer supposed to go. every truck ive look today at pick n pull were all diffrent and last can i just bolt in the suspension on to my existing crossmember sence my 305e v6 is in and still running.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote