View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
jeffro2

Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Ya, well done Jeffo! I doubt most other than Special-K understand or appreciate the talent, fine attention to detail and man hours you have into building that fleet. You have some major skills my friend! You need to move to LA and work with the movie guys.

I've been thinking about investing in one of these to build up. What do you think of those? Are they any good? I've never messed with RC stuff in my life outside of playing and modifying Stompers when I was a kid.
Thank you Larry, yeah, that used to be a joke with my wife..I would become famous and go to Hollywood...lol. I kinda truly doubt it though..

When I first finished the Van, I had a genetleman from California that offered to paint murals on it, but I was worried about mailing it out there. Its one of a kind, in that size or scale, or detail.

I'm one of a few that try to make them look like a trail/street truck, whereas most of the guys on my RC forums are into a different look on their trucks, sliders, full body cages, no fenders, typical hardcore rock crawlers,, toyota's, and Jeeps, landcruisers, Fj's, etc..

As for the TF2, I actually have one. It performed well and I have had no issues with it. It built very easily, (not used to following instructions on a store bought kit ), It seems pretty sturdy, but other then that I honestly can't give you a good answer.

I know they have sold a lot of them, and for the price, its really reasonable, compared to the price of my builds because I piece them together.

I need to go over to Rccrawler and read some of the threads under the TF2 section and see what they think.

I'm assuming you would want a chevy body on it. I can show you pics of what it fits like or looks like, or even different pics of my TF2.

Would the truck be static or would you take it out and run it ?

P.S. Lovin the Polar Bear. It caught my eye awhile back.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote