View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #1319
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko3002 View Post
Wouldnt know the difference in rotors or what to look for but the rep from Boss told me they had such a demand for this wheel on these older trucks that they re tooled the wheel. He gauranteed me they would fit and didnt ask a thing about the rotors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
For you guys who are posting that you installed without issues, please be sure to include what rotors you're running up front. For years now we've been battling this false impression that these are bolt-on wheels, which they still are not except in rare circumstances - namely for the relatively few trucks running light-duty or aftermarket rotors. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by landsurvey1 View Post
Mine is the same way, no issues at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Must have light-duty (1") or aftermarket rotors up front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko3002 View Post
Just got a set of the Boss 338's and they bolted on perfectly without any issues!!

Yes they do fit 1" rotors with no mods. But I personally have put the rev.3 wheel ON 2 DIFFERENT TRUCKS NOW WITH 1-1/4 THICK ROTORS. One is a 68 with an 86 suburban crossmember bolted under it. (My own personal truck with what appear to be original GM Rotors) and the other is my cousins 72 swb truck.( It does have NAPA Brand relacement rotors on it.) Now I can say they will not fit my 78 2wd Blazer with 1-1/4 rotors though.