View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #13
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: Things to do before installing 4.3l in 97 blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcleek View Post
So what is the best way to clean out the oil lines, thought about useing an old fuel pump and some desel fuel to clean the lines.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
replace with new ones from the dealer. Do NOT use dorman hoses. repeat, DO NOT USE DORMAN HOSES!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcleek View Post
I have every thing under the hood in front of engine removed exhaust manafods removed and the converter bolts removed . what is the easyest way to get to the bell housing bolts and the bolts on the back of the heads?
I bend the pinch weld flange up and use a swivel socket on a loooong extension. It helps also if you have a truck driver's dictionary. The ground wires, fuel line bracket etc. on back of heads you pretty much need gear wrenches. In non-rust belt areas I've heard of guys removing body mount bolts and jacking it up to get at bell housing bolts.

as for the oil pans; 2wd and 4x4 take different pans and pick-up tubes. Make absolutely sure the back of pan is flush even with back of block.

that thing you called the module inside the distributor is actually the camshaft position sensor.

Check to make sure the plastic distributor housing didn't get damaged.

after all said and done, you'll need a scan tool to make sure cam retard (dist. position) is correct. The spec is 0 +/- 2 degrees but I find they run better with -5 to -8 degrees depending on chain condition.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card

Last edited by 68C15; 03-27-2014 at 05:35 PM.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote