View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
Erik V

Re: Resurrection of a Family Friend

A nice restored Edsel should sell for more than enough to buy a couple gen1 Blazers.

I remember when I was 13 or 14 , Dad came home from work and I overheard him tell Mom that a guy at work offered him 1600 for the Jimmy. Which in the late 80's/early 90's must have been good, he seriously pondered it. My sister and I threw a fit, we learned how to ride on the wheelwells holding onto the rollbar in it, some of our best fights were on that battle ground. About a year later I was pretty much tired of Scouting, and my parents came up with their Bribery Scheme. I was offered an inexpensive car of my choice-well its obvious what I picked. Now I just kick myself for parking it in a shed and going with life. Musta been cold and dark in there. Things are changing. I'm trying to keep my goals realistic, so hopefully things will pan out.

I still need to go through Dad's boxes of photoalbums and have my sister do some photo scanning of the old days of Jimmy's life. Topless racing, sand dunes (Dad even wrote his name with the truck in the side of a small bowl at Sand Lake-his name is Doug-we couldnt figure out why he kept backing up while sitting sideways on a hill), etc. Soooo many family memories around it, I'm actually kinda shocked he was gung-ho about getting it out for me to fiddle with. He's in the middle of a high hood Willy's rockcrawler project, he could have easily snatched back the Jimmy.

Anyways, stay tuned-more pics and stories to follow.
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote