View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #80
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Clifford the Big Red Truck~~The Build

Ok, so here is what I'm doing in regards to the hyd clutch issues.
As many of you know the 85-6-7 trucks had a hyd clutch system. Well, I was lucky enough to score one off of eBay last year and went ahead and changed the whole pedal assembly out under the dash. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Removing the brake booster, instrument cluster, and steering column, we had it out in less than 30 minutes. The stock C10 clutch master cylinder has a bore of approx .699 inches with a maximum stroke of 1.5 inches. The slave cylinder for the TR6060 has an odd shape that encircles the input shaft and it only needs about .4 inches of travel to engage the clutch (26.8 cc's). I was able to figure out the CC's of fluid volume of the slave cylinder and figured that the stock master cylinder could, in fact, move the slave cylinder with 1.1 inches of travel (29.7 cc's). Now I don't know what the pedal feel will be yet, but I'm going to go ahead and try the stock one. The stock master cylinder takes an odd type of metric external flare for the hose, and the slave has a #4 AN fitting. Shouldn't be hard to make those work.

As soon as I get that system up and running I'll report back. I just couldn't see buying another master cylinder and fabbing up a mount when "potentially" the stock one would work.

Bubba
1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote