View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #98
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Clifford the Big Red Truck~~The Build

Well had a pretty good weekend at the event. Unloaded the truck and set the shocks and tire pressures to get a base run. Went out there and let it all hang out. Truck performed flawlessly. Only had 2 small issues, power steering reservoir was a little too full (left and right movements fixed that haha) and a clamp had to be tightened up on the upper radiator hose.

The truck is a total beast, has a powerband that comes on just about 4200 rpm and it can get squirrely if you arent ready. I made a few shock adjustments to let the rear of the truck roll a little better and it reacted in a good way. Absolutely love the ridetech suspension.

Got to send the Dakota Digital gauges off to get looked at, for some reason when you turn the key on they go to flashin like mad. Also, the shift light didn't work either. Talked with their tech support and they want me to send it in.

Need to address the battery cables/starter/ battery. When the truck gets warm its hard to start and the cables get warm. Something ain't right in there.

Now that the driveline is squared away and tested, its time to put the AC back on and put the doors back together.

If anyone needs answers on what to do or how to do it, just let me know. I encountered a lot of walls on this truck. Putting a 6-speed in the truck wasn't easy.

Bubba
Attached Images

1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote