Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #11
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Not much happened over the summer of 2016, other than driving Frankentruck a lot. I was working at a restoration shop for the summer, so I didn't want to always work on the truck every day.

School started up again, and as the weather cooled off, I started driving the truck some more. It pretty much turned into my daily driver, because I liked driving it more than the 1994 Pontiac Bonneville that I was driving around. The last day of Junior year, I was driving home from school in my 1995 Dodge Dakota. I knew that there was a coolant leak, but that week I didn't stay on top of the leak like I had been doing. That was obviously a mistake, because the engine ran out of coolant on the way home, and I ran the engine till it stopped running.

Later in the fall, I was driving home from school in Frankentruck, and it started to stumble under load. I pulled the plugs that I had installed a year before, and found that two of the eight plugs were coated in oil deposits. I knew the truck was burning oil, but did not know that oil fouled spark plugs. After that, I routinely pulled the plugs, scraped off the gunk, stuck em back in, and kept on truckin.

I also tried to revive the go kart that was in my grandparent's basement. It would spin over, but had no spark. Whatever part that makes the spark on those engines was rusted pretty bad due to the constant high humidity in the leaky basement. I never figured out what was wrong with it, because my uncle took the kart back to his home in Alabama. It was his when he was younger, but by the time he was done with it, my dad was old enough to drive the wheels off of it. I don't think the kart has ever been revived since my uncle took it.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 07-30-2018 at 10:11 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote