View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 05:05 PM   #957
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

Today I finished up welding the holes I won't need in the bottom lip of the dashboard. I also welded up the 2 holes above the ignition switch. I then was able to get a coat of marglass on the bottom of the dashboard. I want to get rid of all the stretch marks and spot welds down there and get it nice and straight.

While I had that going, I also filled in a small spot in the passenger door jamb where my filler had come loose and flaked out. There must have been some contamination back there as I could not break out anywhere else around it. Another thing I had noticed was I had a small spot of rust coming through my primer just above the windshield on the passenger side where I welded up the seam that was there. I dug out the small area and will need to do some more investigating before I determine the correct fix for this. Sometimes there is just a little bit of trial and error to work through when you start customizing things. Oh well it is what it is. Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back.
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote