View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #66
chevybuilder18

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Appreciate it, glad to know it looks good. I have a friend help me sand it all down but I did all the primer with a spray can. Yeah thankfully they owners before me didn't bondo any of it, but I'm going to purchase panels through lmc because it's not dreadful minor stuff. Good look with that man and yeah I've heard surface rust is pretty easy to handle, but then again I don't know how to tackle surface rust wouldn't mind knowing though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Thanks on the magnum, sadly enough it doesn't if it did it would of either already been repoed for too many tickets or totaled haha, would I mind throwing a 5.7 hemi or 6.1 hell no I would love that but again I'm trying to pay it off and get me a new car.
the surface rust is like removing paint but it leaves pits sometimes. the surface rust also makes it alot more softer and thinner if reall bad, but other than that i recomend rust-oleums rust reformer you can buy at walmart i would grab 4 of these, and it converts rust to a protected paintable surface. it turns rust black. but dont be fooled, you still should use primer after you sand a surface rusted area with pits, then apply the rust reformer. then you could apply your primer, then your paint.

I believe the magnums came with SRT-8 version, equiped with a lil better suspension, if you do a trade in, youl have one kick ass Magnum
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote