View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
c-tenkid

Re: More 99 s-10 problems......

Well last night I put the truck back in the garage.

I started it up with with the trans in nuetral and reved it by hand looking at the motor and listening for noise.And it was smooth as could be!This motor has always ran good.

So now I am more stumped.The rearend was redone probably 50,000 ago.

The only thing's I can think of are.When I removed the trans the first time I cut a little bit of the foam that goes around the shifter into the floorboard.Maybe it's allowing more sound inside the driver compartment?

Also when I changed the clutch I tried to replace the gasket at the end of the y-pipe with a header collector gasket.Of course that blew out and was leaking.I fixed it when I changed the slave cylinder.Hoping to make the truck quiet again.

I changed the U-joint on the back of the driveshaft with a new ac delco one.it has a short 1 peice driveshaft.I don't believe it has to go in a certian way.Or does it?

I am thinking that it has something to do with the clutch not being perfectly centered or something.The thing that throws me off is it shifts so smoothly.Even at higher RPM's it goes right in gear.

I didn't drive it today.But I will tommorow and I see if I find any other clues.

Thanks for the help guys.