View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #50
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHERTRUCKERS
Wow should be nice when done, your parts will be waiting for you after the cruise.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the help.

Made it to first stop on trip, the in-laws in Sebring, FL (as in THE 12 Hours of Sebring). On the way down (9 hour drive), I was able to take care of some business. I ordered a 18 circuit Painless harness from Summit. Gave Stan at ECE a call for a tank and tranny crossmember (man, I knew I shoulda bought some of their stock!). Stan is doing a 6.0 install in his Suburban (I think I passed him this week!) I was telling him about all the issues with stock manifolds. He told me that he as been working with Sanderson to develop some new headers for the 5.3/6.0. He said they should be done in about a month. The first ones will be HPC coated. I asked him to ask Sanderson if they can make them in Stainless also. So hopefully the header issue will be put to rest.

Stan also said that they had a great time doing the OverHaulin espisode. He said that there was a lot more work in the truck than was shown in the 40 minutes of air time. The truck was really worse than they thought, ie they had to replace the rockers, braces, cab corners.... He also said that all of the customizing ideas came from the guy's wife (Note to self: Be carful what you tell the little lady you would want to do to your truck if you could!) Stan would tell you all this himself, but he's to busy selling parts . See everyone later.

Rob

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 05-26-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote