View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 07:28 PM   #396
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
Tony
sent my USPS MO out this morning look forward to seeing the kit trying to finish up my second c-10 build and get to # 3 before im in my mid 70s. I am sure your kit will help when memory isn't as sharp as we like
thanks for putting this together and offering @ a very reasonable price
Jess
Thank you, I just loaded a drive up for you, and will mail it out tomorrow. Anxious to hear what you think, should you get to it.

I threw in another document that doesn't belong to me, public knowledge perhaps. I just put it on a Word document, for easy access and search. That makes three documents and 711 images, please let me know if you have any issues with these.

Just discovered something interesting today, it's in the guide For 71-72 front bumper - From what I've seen available on the internet, the dealers sell park lamp assm. rubber bumpers right? No, wrong........They're of poor design, and don’t work anyway. Use part # 4081765.

I read someplace originals weren't available. Well they are, or so close it makes no difference. Perhaps 4081765 has a slightly taller head than original? Can shave to your heart's content, but I don't know why you would.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote