View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #397
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

I hired a guy to repair my seat, install the new SMS seat covers, and install the ACC flooring and fuel tank cover. The seat covers are the original material. SMS did the sewing, and the fit is perfect.

Should have seen the upholsterer in action. 1K gets a foam cutter, I think the blade is 10" or so. An 85 year old, handy as heck fellow lives across form him, he welded a new spring where a piece had broken.

The driver's side was sunk badly. The upholster fixed that beginning with a 1" cut over say a 16" square section of the original foam's top. He glued a new 1" foam pad in place of the cut. Then he cut, cut, cut some more. Then he glued the original cut on top of that, cut, cut, cut some more to perfect. Anyway, new seat, I can finish the interior now, hallelujah. What a pleasure to finish my truck with the likes of door panels and that. But then again, can't say when my front bumper will be done ("any day now").

I messed up, we were in a hurry to install the seat to finish the job, so I forgot to take an image of the floor and fuel tank cover. That said, those went in so easily for him. He only spent two hours on it, the seat was 3.5. In a nutshell, he cut for the seat's bolts. Sliced for the fuel tank tube(s) and a pinch for one retractable belt, perhaps something for the belt buckles? His slices in the fuel tank cover allowed him to glue its bottom to the floor, folded forward, which is then covered by the floor carpet.

The ACC stuff fits nicely. They forgot the dimmer grommet. I called them, see what happens, but ordered another from elsewhere anyhow. Included an image or two with ACC's floor mats. I don't like them honestly, they look too sporty. Solid black would be an improvement. Oh yeah, this is me, the upholsterer wanted me to try the seat out, and took this.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 11-11-2023 at 10:42 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote