View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 12:30 PM   #97
loudchevy

Re: "BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB--->SWB “Jumping Cholla”

Some decent progress was made on Saturday. The firewall is now filled and sanded smooth along with some wavy portions of the top of the cab. I stripped all the panels off and started over with just the cab on the frame making sure it was level and square on the fame mounts. Then I slowly made my way to the front bolting and shimming panels to get the gaps to look nice. It's the best I got in me and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

We'll be pulling all the panels back apart soon and fitting the 454/700R4 between the frame rails. I still need to clean up the engine block and throw some fresh hugger orange on it. At the same time I'm gonna ditch the leaky chrome oil pan, clean up the serpentine belt accessories/brackets, and block off the mechanical fuel pump. Once the drivetrain is installed on the frame I really don't want to remove it, just add other ancillaries to it!
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote