View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 11:57 AM   #112
Just-in-credible

Re: 1960 Apache K10 build

A few things that I noticed driving it so far.

I took her straight to the alignment shop, and got that all sorted out. And it drives pretty good! It is a little stiffer than I thought it would be. I think the extra weight of the tahoe probably softened the ride up a lot. But first impressions are pretty good!

The brake pedal feel is really really firm. I can probably change this some with where I mount the attachment point on the brake pedal. I had moved it down some to change the pedal ratio. so I am not sure if this made the firm feeling better or worse. I will try moving it back to the original hole on the pedal and see if that changes it.

I don’t have torque converter lock up. So I will have to figure that out eventually. I can feel it shift into 4th, but I never get lock up. I am really hoping that is something simple like I dont have a fuse going to the power it needs to see the signal. But I also did change torque converters, so who knows what it could be. I'll check wiring first, and go from there.

I really don’t care for the sound of the single super 44. I like how it sounds at idle, but I really do not care for it under throttle. It's hard to describe, but it sounds really rattly.
I have flowmaster delta flow 50's on my other truck, and I really like them, but they are a true dual set up. so I don't really know how much that will change things. Either way, I am planning to change all this over the winter anyhow. I have a full stainless exhaust with headers that I am planning to install, but the plan right now is to learn how to TIG much better than I can right now, and then attempt fabricating this. I signed up for welding classes on weld coach online, so we will see how that goes.

I have a LOT of work on the tune to do. I got it good enough to get it running after the cam swap, but there is still a ton of work to be done. I contacted a local guy to help me with a tune. He sent me a tune file, and the thing would not even run. So I sent him the data log, and he said my fuel system was not hooked up correctly. I told him it couldn’t be, because I didn’t touch the fuel system at all. Everything from the pump to the lines to the injectors and rails are all still bone stock. So his next idea was to check the O2 sensors. He said to use genuine GM or AC Delco seonsors. Parts store brands like NTK have given him a ton of trouble in the past. So I ordered up some replacements.

But all in all, she runs pretty good! You can tell the parts of the tune that work good and the ones that don’t. From idle to 2500, it runs like garbage. From 2500-4000 it goes pretty good, and then past 4000 it falls on its face. But the potential is there!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=824325
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote