View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 06:45 PM   #8
clyde72

Re: 72 K10 350 skips after warmup

thanks, you folks got me to stop chasing my tail and narrow things down, stopped thinking carb, Ive done what I consider a pretty thorough vacumm leak check, the intake all seems sealed good ,of course I cant see or test the back. I took the valve covers off today and all rockers are definitely moving the same, I adjusted them up tighter last nite.
This morning I threw in a pint of stp along with a pint of Lucas oil stuff...started it up and went on some errands...it ran on 8 for over 20 miles!!!!
I could feel a miss coming back slowly as I was getting home, I read the headers with the temp gun and #4 was even with the rest and #1 was hotter than Ive seen it.
So heres the latest theory, (theres been many) as HO455 suggests, its a lifter problem. Im really not interested in rebuilding the 350, been there with previous trucks and my kids are hot on the LS swap, but Id like to get the summer out of it without being too annoyed. I have no issue time and money wise to pull the intake and drop in new lifters...
Bad Idea or worth a shot?
clyde72 is offline   Reply With Quote