View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #112
Devillusion

Re: Project: Crew'd Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
I like those wheels, but I think white or creme color smoothies would be better.
Have you thought about a white front bumper with some slight rust showing through on the top?
Posted via Mobile Device
The only issue I can see as of right now Joe is that the rear cab and chassis (narrow) dually rear differential has large/long rear hubs in which with the smoothie wheels I don't know if I can make things work, and I really want to keep this girl a one ton if at all possible. And don't want to have to pay to narrow a single rear wheel 14 bolt. Though eventually that may happen, just wanted to avoid that for right now. This differential is only 63" WMS to WMS and would provide substantial clearance for at least a 10" wide wheel, even with a nice offset for some nice hot rod lip. In which the other Centerlines will provide a hot rod appearance, kind of towards a slight look of the old Hildabrand wheels of the 50s/60s era and center cap "should" provide coverage for the hub. I'd love to do the smoothies, but not sure if I can make them look proper without alot of headaches.

...nothing ordered yet, so we'll have to see. Alot of work to do yet.

As for the bumper, ya my plan is to find a rear bumper from a 69' Camaro, or a front bumper from a 68', and stretch it, shave the bumper bolts, and put a roll pan on the front possibly with some driving lights in the pan (kind of like the 69 Camaro's. Thought I had found a few sets, but they were all fronts from a 69' and curl up at the ends. Need something narrow that will just come around the corners at the same plain as the front section. Still working on finding other candidates with something that will work, or I will start trimming and sectioning the factory bumper....THAT aught to be fun
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote