Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #270
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Driver's seat is done. '66 chev factory bucket seat......well, if they had offered bucket seats this might be it. I finished welding the bottom today and then cut, fitted and welded the back. It was a little more complicated fitting up the springs. Everything went real smooth on the modification. You can see from the pics that I welded a little more support where I joined the 2 halves together on the seat and the back. I found some SS tubing to slip over some of the small wire supports after welding them together. The passenger seat should go quick since I now have all the measurements and it's just a matter of cut and paste. I plan on spraying it with some Eastwood rust inhibitor tomorrow and get started on the passenger side.
I am also modifying the seat mounts on the passenger seat so that the adjuster will be set up on the proper side. Yup, both seat will adjust. I'll post some pics of that as I progress.

Someone may have noticed my request for opinions on my engine choice. I value your knowledge and would really like some input.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.

Last edited by pdxhall; 10-16-2013 at 09:29 PM.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote