View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #19
drummin89

Re: 235 inline 6 running of fuel injection

1. I will check the voltage during crank when I get time. The starter solenoid gets activated through the starter post on the ignition switch.

2. Battery cable from battery to bellhousing is 4ga, from there I have 3 8ga ground wires, 1 to each frame rail and 1 to the cab.

3. I will also check to make sure there is 0 resistance where the O2 sensor is mounted.

4. I am pretty sure I have no vac leaks, at least not around the TBI unit to the adapter plate and the adapter plate to the intake. I sprayed starting fluid to see If I get a rpm change and all was fine. The only vac line off the intake is the one for the MAP. All unused lines are plugged.

5. TPS I did not touch at all.

6. The initial timing was set (with the bypass connector disconnected) to where the pointer on the bellhousing and the ball bearing on the flywheel line up. This is 10deg btdc

7. I will remount the MAP sensor so the vac port is pointing down. The vac line to the map goes directly to the map from the same port the donor vehicle used. Nothing tees off anywhere on that line. Size and length is correct.

8. Coolant temp sensor is new

9. Im looking at purchasing a Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wideband O2 sensor kit that also comes with a tuning/datalogging software so I can view what the sensors are sending back to the computer.

I have a vac gauge just need to hook it up.

10. Fuel pressure unknown. Pump is a new Carter P50001 external pump made for TBI systems. Feed line is 3/8", return in 5/16', just like donor.

Once I get the wideband O2 sensor kit and the datalogging software I should be able to see what is going on.
-Clifford 2/4bbl Aluminum Intake and Headers
-1/2 ton front axle swap w/ 5lug disc brake kit
-CPP Power Steering Kit

Various pictures of my 52 Chevy 3600

Last edited by drummin89; 04-15-2009 at 12:07 PM.
drummin89 is offline   Reply With Quote