View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #39
Steve-W

Re: 1958 Chevy 60 Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Had a good chuckle on a bleak day!
Hope the bleak day was just because of the weather and nothing more serious.

Today I dropped off another load of old metal to our recycling guy. Still had the hydraulic mechanism from the Viking laying around and had to get rid of an old 4-cyl Merc Diesel engine, gearbox and some other stuff (I've rented the nextdoor garage as well because between the F250, the viking chassis and the space we need when we take the cab and front-clip off, a double garage just didn't cut it.

anyway the metal man, as I will refer to him, has an excavator but today he had the metal cutter on it instead of the normal "grabber" (don't know what you call it) Metal man said he could pick the parts out of my c10 bed anyway.. of course he drops the hydraulic arms from 7' high right on the back of my opened tailgate!! (+/- 200 lbs) miraculously the tailgate survived with only a dent and closing a bit more difficult. Then Metal man tried to pick up the diesel Merc engine by the oil filter housing...a couple new dents in the bed are the consequence. In total he lifted off 1400lbs which in returns got me $75,- enough to buy a decent bottle of scotch to help me forget about the damages

Tuesday morning the DMV guy is coming by, so we can discuss with him about shortening the wheelbase by either cutting the frame, or just bringing the rear axle forward. He can also have a look at the 6.2 Diesel and tell us if he expects any trouble there with some sort of compliance.
(Unfortunately the Dutch government is very strict on hod-rods)
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 01-14-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote