View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
rideair

A Little Much

Well, a year later and a few more heart attacks, I've had the chance to put some more time into the Suburban. After kicking two body shops to the curb, it appears I'm almost there with the paint. In the end, it will be close to a two year project and many thousands of dollars more than planned to freshen-up a 1988 Suburban which will become a daily driver. The paint is just a few days away from being completed with a few spots that need to be touched up.

What started out to be a quick freshen-up and drive, has become a paint job of glass, anything taken off the Suburban has been polished, painted, replaced, cleaned, etc... etc... even the new parts purchased are taken to the next level with a buffer. The sad part, I live on a dirt road that's about 1/2 mile long and it won't take long for it all to look like crap again!

I've found the polishing, cleaning, painting, etc... is taking the most time and a very steady hand to boot when painting the fine lines around the AC vents, silver line on the shifter and even down to the bright orange area within 4x4 indicator. The sad part is when you find yourself trying to duplicate the silver over-spray on the black paint which is on the backside of the rear-bumper license plate holder that no one will ever see.

I think in the end, it will be somewhere between a Daily-Driver and a Original Style refurbished show Suburban. Already have people telling me it will be to nice to drive daily. For me, I just want to relive the "New Car Smell" of a 1988 Chevy Suburban ;-)
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote