View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #1144
MP&C

Re: 55 Wagon Progress

Thanks guys!!

Overdue for another update...

So with all three milk cans delivered, why not a dinner bell? Indeed. This one was missing the clapper, so that's the latest fabrication...

A used 2" hitch ball was reworked in the lathe, and looks like this will be a good start...

Hammer/bench head stand is used as a welding fixture.. Hey, whatever works..

root pass

Finished product in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F875Q5qoVqY

We had some dings in the F7 hood to remove that were located in the radius along the sides.. Didn't really have a hammer that fit the exact requirement, so I use a "KIT" that my buddy Will Cronkrite had given me, a piece cut out of a Model A leaf spring.

I had more than one BF603 in stock, and rarely use the pick end, so it became the likely candidate.

TIG welded in place using ER312 rod

Some crown added long ways and polished up...

Both of the Wagon's rear kick panels are now prepped, ready to go..

Vince has the core support and associated parts blocked and ready for some green...

….and speaking of paint, we got some "new" used light fixtures for the paint booth so we can see a bit better...

Old next to new...

Now that we can see a bit better, it's clear that the walls need a fresh coat of white...

….And some blocking tips on the F7 hood. We have a nice crease on the inside of the hood from front to back. These scratches show that we would be taking material off the adjacent side if no other steps were taken to stop our sanding block at the center of the crease...

By adding a strip of tape along the center, it gives us a positive stop for the sanding block..

Then switching for the other side....

Which leaves us a nice crease in the middle, and panels nice and flat to either side...