View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 06:15 PM   #80
Willie Makeit

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I guess it just depends how sensitive you are to other people's opinions and
being asked relevant questions. Clearly you're not the only one. Diesel made good points, even if you don't like how he put them across. I agree with the gist of what you said above except lack of concern for alienation and other people's feelings. That speaks of a whole other agenda and never helps any situation. I don't think that represents the site very well, but that's just my opinion… For myself, I just don't want to be identified with a guy who gets challenged about an electric car and talks about shooting people. I agree 100% that Americans have given a lot to the world...And Canadians have almost always been right there with us.
already stated, i'm NOT sensitive to rude & boorish opinions. there is a fashion & way to deliver one's opinion without coming across as rude. The "points" made are irrelevent when one debates from a perspective of superiority. Are we all not equals here? If so, then let's treat one another that way. You seem like a likable guy and communicate in a way that shows mutual respect and manners, I appreciate that and will treat you in a similar manner. I'm also good with you not wanting to "identify" with me based on my opinions, no offense taken, we all have our own "tribes". but i must point out that my earlier statement about the Brit's was an attempt at humor. sorry you read it differently.

i would also like to point out that I never questioned Canada as an ally. But i have noticed within the last few years this "look down their nose" air about some of a Canadian friends when it comes to expressing their opinions on the US. like I stated earlier, i will not sit quietly and listen to someone that has no "skin in the game" criticize & belittle in regards to the goings-on in the US when it has absolutely no bearing on them. If one wants to be considered a friend then one should act as a friend, & sometimes that means minding your manners. and your own business.

edit: i see you edited your original post. mine will be left as-is in response to your original post.

Last edited by Willie Makeit; 12-14-2023 at 06:52 PM.