Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #23
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

LoL, I'm definitely a newb welder.... It's a good thing I can grind them down

I was able to finish burning in the rest of the floor pan piece. Almost done. I have a question though to those better welders out there. I look at the bottom side of my welds and not every weld has filled in the gap between the butt welds. Looks good on top, but the weld didn't fill in everywhere. Is this ok or do I need to weld those spots again from the bottom to fill in the gap? And if I should weld from the bottom, its rough welds so will another weld from the bottom side fill in the rough ok or will there be gaps between the 2 welds(top first, bottom second) which might create a space where moisture could be trapped and rust from inside out?

There is some weld in those gaps obviously as I ground down the welds and I have a nice smooth surface with no holes.

Here are some pics.

This is the piece I made to fill in the space I had when I cut out the old pan that was rusted and the new piece didn't fill.

I still have a little work left to do, but its close... I'm ready to fit the door and burn in the rocker soon.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote