View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 10:34 PM   #8
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

While we're on the topic of exhausts...

Does anyone know how to get the sound (or one very close to it) of the stock LT1 Camaros and Firebirds? (Early fourthgen; 1993-1997, the LS1-powered models from 1998 on sound, how should I say it, a little fruity in comparison, at least around town. WOT is nice, though. I think that's more a factor of engine, anyway...)

Except that I don't want it in that somewhat restrictive single pipe/muffler setup. I plan on putting a pressure sensor in my exhaust and measuring the backpressure...if it comes out too high (using my dad's friend for help on this; the man built/drives a Mustang fastback with a completely custom twin-turbo / fuel injection setup on a 302 that pulls well over 500hp, possibly 600hp, on street gas, and gets 25mpg...aside from not knowing bowties beat blue ovals any day of the week, he knows his stuff. I'll put redoing the exhaust up near the top of my list of things-to-do. It will have an H-pipe (whether I add it to current ghetto Meineke dual setup or do a new one) so it'll smooth it out some...but does anyone know of any mufflers that sound (and flow, lol) like a Z28 muffler?

I just looooove the exhaust note on our '94 Z28, that's all...hehe....

------------------
Project 1970 - soon to be seen at http://milhouse.treylis.org:81/