View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 03:02 AM   #20
mikentosh

Re: Mikey's 77 shortbox - Greenie

With the way the truck has turned out so far I decided that I wanted to keep it very much a resto-mod build, with a vintage street machine look.

I want it aggressively low, but I don't want to cut the bed and would like to retain a factory look to the front inner fenders. With this in mind, I browsed around at the various front and rear crossmembers available, as well as full chassis offerings. I settled on a Choppin Block coilover front crossmember paired to a RideTech rear 4-link setup, all with RideTech single adjustable coilovers.

I ordered this up through Travis at AZ Pro Performance, and he cautioned me that the CB front setup is designed for a 7" drop(!) whereas the RideTech rear is only around 6", so it might not be balanced. To help with this, I planned on substituting a stock front spindle in place of the standard 2" drop one.

For the rear end, I called up Bill at Vintage Chevy in Fremont, CA to see what he might have for 12 bolts. These things are popular and all he had left was a very well used non-posi unit from a '73, so I snapped it up.

I spent a few weeks cutting, notching, and test fitting everything on the chassis before sending it out for powder coating, and then the build was on!
Attached Images

mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote