View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #9
hank scorpio

Re: How I spent my Covid-staycation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Wow, that came out great. I love a stock looking motor. That lift is pretty nice too. It looks like you cut recesses in the floor for it to settle into when its lowered, is that right? When working under the vehicle, do you sit upright on the floor or a roller stool or what? I'm curious about some of the physical advantages that go along with using that. Friends of mine have the big 4 post jobbers that have space for standing or parking another car underneath, but I've never seen one like yours in real life. Id like to know a bit more. Glad the Covid didn't hit you guys too hard too.
So I had a few limitations in my garage. Mainly I didn’t have enough width for a two post with out turning my garage into a 1 car garage essentially. Also with the rack on my truck especially I don’t have the ceiling height to lift much more than what’s pictured anyways.

After spending two years debating this scissor lift style was the one I kept coming back too. When not in use it’s 100% unobtrusive to the garage. The downside was it’s twice the cost of a 2 post and after having the concrete cut out, a hole dug, rebar and new concrete it’s like 6x the cost. I still think it’s the best money I’ve ever spent given my choices. I can work on the front and rear suspension easily (unlike a 4 post), I’ve got 25” between the lifts so I can still work in the middle of the truck. I could also get the super tall 4x4 style jacks and set it on those at 48” off the ground, drop the lifts and have full access if needed. I really couldn’t be more happy. (Except the damage to my wallet). Also unlike the jacks I can lift the truck to max height, then drop it with 1 button to lower it enough to open my garage door when I need to (retracking that tight to ceiling is my next project).

I ended up getting a rolling seat that sits close to the ground. It works great for me (though I’m only 5’8” so ymmv).
Simpsons Nerd
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote