View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
c10hevy

Re: 1987 V2500/3500 12v nv4500 build

A bit of an update.
I got the 1st gen dodge exhaust in with some cutting and welding, but I have the tailpipe touching the corner of the suburban tank. Im thinking about putting in a heat shield with spacer on the corner to push it away, I assume thats enough? Diesel does vaporize like gasoline so I think Ill be OK.

I put my new injectors in and installed the AFC live, but still cant get it to not smoke. I even turned the AFC live to the minimum and removed the pre boost screw to no avail. Then I learned that the PO adjusted the star wheel all the way forward and didnt install a longer spring! No wonder, theres no tension on the foot. So I have a TST spring on the way.

I also braved the Pella tornado to get a rough Dana 60 from Dougs 4x4. I couldnt be happier, unless I actually got to see my first tornado!

I also discovered why I have such a jerky throttle at low RPM. I only have a VERY stretched out throttle return spring. So that too is in the mail. My jerky throttle only happens when its warmed up so it might be a clogged fuel filter or possibly a bad OFV. I have a new fuel filter installed now and will have to see how the throttle return springs work before I get a new OFV.

Has anyone used the torque motorsports 2009+ dodge 3500 brake conversion on the dana 60? It seems like a great idea, just wondering about opinions.
http://www.torqmotorsports.com/Dana-60-Big-Brake-Brackets_p_263.html

Up next will be a bit boring, check and set valve lash, install 35 spline stub shafts and ARB, high steer kit and custom ORD leafs.
Attached Images

c10hevy is offline   Reply With Quote