View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Need specific help on gas tank etc.

I am strongly leaning toward the 87 - 90 Jeep Wrangler tank. I do not want to modify my frame rails at all since I am powder coated already. I like the price of this tank over the Boyds tanks or other custom tanks. I think I am fine with a bed fill although I am concerned about the 1" fill tube on these tanks.

I have the non return LQ4. I have searched this forum and read most all the posts on the gas tank swaps. I still don't know what parts I need. It looks like I'm saving money on the tank, but after I buy or modify what it takes am I really saving money?

I need a tank. I need a sender. I need a fuel pump. I need fuel line. What else? Does anyone have specific parts they used in the Wrangler tank that work with their LS motor? Obviously, pictures of this set up in a 67 - 72 would be ideal. Thank you,
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote