View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
LH Lead-Foot

Re: Need specific help on gas tank etc.

I have seen many the place the filler tech in the bed, but had a tank for an 84 El Camino handed to me new. It is side fill and with some experimenting, came up with a side fill on drivers rear quarter using a Volvo lid & grommet fro mid 90's 700 series sedan. I welded to heavy 1" square tubes to gather and the tank sit's flush on the bottom of the frame. Doesn't stick down at all to be seen. 3" sender allowed me to modify sender with ACDelco EP339 and bucket to bottom reference the pump. My 4 year old Dell shorts out, but should get all photos back from during the build, but took more photos to see what it looks like. The bed wall is only 2" thick, so I borrowed the kids 80's S10 cover idea to access fill piping. The lid looks period correct as it is reticular / boxy and almost looks like it belongs. I use an air power flanger to off-set the metal to weld in the filler cap donor. I am sure some questions will come up, but just look at photos and drawings. Yep, prepped for 5.3L LS truck engine and 4L60 and I am using stock metal lines, filters, pump and clamps.
Attached Images