Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 AM   #1131
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

LST 2019/Mudfest 2019, call it what you want... Anyways it is was one heck of a good show. However this is an update on the truck.

Day one of the show we got an opportunity to do a photo shoot, maybe for a magazine that will remain nameless until it gets confirmed that it will be in there. I'm not worried if it does or does not happen, but the experience of a photo shoot made our whole weekend even that much more special.

This truck had 54 miles on the clock before we left on the new Cummins and trans. We did 1300 miles round trip, and with almost nothing to report. Ok I added 1/2 quart of oil on the way down to Austin where we stayed the night, but other than fueling it up there was nothing else to do. In fact the rings finally seated and used no more oil after that time. It never moved off the full mark the whole rest of the trip. Whew!

I kept track of the mileage and it came to just under 16 mpg the whole trip, and going home we hauled butt because I wanted to get there and not be in the truck all day. It really likes 80 to 85, not that I'm saying that we went any where over the speed limit, no no, but it felt like it would be good at higher speeds... Just sayin'...

Oh there was one issue that really drove the wife and I crazy. The Kenwood would not blue tooth correctly with either of our phones! I mean the injustice of it all!! Had to go back to taking with my spouse in that old fashion way. Trust me when I say I'm a lucky guy and I married way over my station. Maybe that was the best thing that happened the whole trip, hmmm, maybe...

I will be updating the build in the next couple of days, but right now I'm bushed and headed to bed.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote