View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:17 PM   #809
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Suburban and panel finds

Big Orange 71 $13000. Not my truck.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/c...032890244.html

Up for grabs is a super rare 1971 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 8-lug "2500 Super Custom" "3-door". This is 1 of 374 built for this year and model from the Van Nuys build plant.

This is an original 4x4 model and is not a conversion.

Classic setup that is all original. 350 small block (4-bolt main) with a turbo 350. Truck starts right up without issue!!! Has a NP205 transfer. Running gear is all original except for the drive lines that had to be lengthened or rebuilt professionally by Drivelines Northwest in Tacoma to accommodate the 6-inch (all spring-no blocks) Skyjacker lift.

***Pics are from when the lift was being installed which explains the blocks behind the tires.***

Speaking of tires, they are Goodyear MTs commonly found on military Humvee's and are 37x 12.5 by 16.5. Tires have about 90% tread and are matched to era correct slotted mags. Have matching spare tire on steel rim that comes with it.

And the list goes on... stainless steel dual exhaust leading out to turbo mufflers. Under the hood is an Edelbrock 650cfm carb with aftermarket intake manifold.

Truck runs and drives great for almost being 50 years old. There are no issues to speak of except for the transfer case leaks a little. Truck runs, drives, and stops as it should.

This truck has barn doors in the rear and was built for the trails in mind and features bed liner from "Monstaliner" on the inside and out. This could be removed with a wire wheel and some elbow grease, but it would be a shame as a lot of work went into this and people really like the look of it. Also has replacement Mile Marker hubs as well. The running gear and the truck as a whole is built like a tank and is SOLID!

The truck is also RUST FREE. When The body work was being done all rust was removed and replaced with patch panels (quarter panels door seals etc.) Due to all the rain and the weather of the Northwest, and prior to the application of the bedliner, two coats of rust inhibitor was sprayed on the entire inside and out. I have pictures of the restoration process if wanted/needed.

The interior features aftermarket bucket seats that are REAL leather. The rear seat was refinished to match in vinyl. There is enough room to seat 6 along withseat belts.

A full sound system that was (wired correctly) is tucked out of veiw under the rear seat. It includes a Clarion CD player upfront along with Alpine speakers in the front and rear. Alpine amplifiers finish off the system. MTX 10.5 subs are enclosed in the rear storage boxes. The sound system alone was $1,000 and it sounds awesome!

The only thing that has not been done yet is the headliner that can be purchased for about $300 from Classic or LMC. I was going to do a custom headliner but now I'm selling it, and will forgo this step.

Okay so why am I selling... This was my dream truck for years and selling it will be bitter sweet. The truck has been in my family for about 12 years and I bought it from a guy out of Vancouver Washington with hopes of a full restoration. I got close but the truck no longer suits families needs, as I need to be able to pull a gooseneck trailer and need more reliable "trip type vehicle." Got a new diesel truck for this purpose and I don't need two rigs. This truck runs and drives out great but it's not really suited for long trips. It is better suited for shorter trips for hunting, camping, weekend activities and car get togethers.

The truck is paid off since I bought it and cost me what I put into it with gas and insurance. It will sit in my driveway until it is sold. The only issue it causes me is my wife yells at me to get it sold. It also has collector plates so I don't even have to pay tabs. Title is clean and in hand!

Please, serious inquiries only! Truck is well worth what I am asking so please do not lowball me as I will not even respond. Price is firm! No offers from Nigeria or mail order will be accepted. Person will have to be on-site in person and with financials squared away either with cash on hand or a reputable bank transaction. Tire kickers will be turned away. Test drives will be by appointment only during daylight hours.

Thanks for looking,
Josh
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote