Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 11:56 PM   #472
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Then I went to start the truck, and it would not start, I figured no gasoline in the carb, that must be it.

Reached for the starter fluid on the top shelf only to realize it was all but empty... quick to the lawn mower red can canister, EMPTY

There's Ed our neighboor hey buddy can I borrow some gas, sure, here's my barely any left lawn mower red can, ... Thanks that will do

Pored that down Rusty's throat but he still would not start

Double and triple check the firing order since I took the plug wires off the distributor cap (they were on right)

Man I bet I did it again, I am notorious for putting the distributor in one tooth off, I did it on our '97 Tahoe I bet I did it here, yep sure as _______ that was it

After the distributor correction he fired right up - I did absolutely nothing to the carb, now that is Holley Performance magic ladies and gentlemen, outstanding

I set the initial timing at 13.5* BTDC at 650 RPM, I swear it sounds like the New York Philharmonic playing the sound track to a perfectly tuned Chevrolet Small Block 350 cubic inch V8

Well did you drive it?

Heck yeah I drove it, it runs soooo good.

Thank you all once again, I appreciate all the help soooo much and I am so happy, tired, dirty, but happy.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote