Thread: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #124
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn

here is the bottom of the door pillar, this is why I had to cut the rockers off, so I could access this piece to trim it to fit and weld it in.
after I place the floor I will bolt it in ,and then weld it in. I also set it up so all the welds will be behind the rocker , so no body work needed!

the insides of the rockers are pretty surface rusty too, these are spot welded on near the door rubber, and under the sill plate is the seam from the inner/floor meeting the rocker , on this sub floor some of the spots were already broken from use, and that left a way for water to seep in, when I put the new rockers on, I will seam seal this seam.

next are the 3 templates I made to fix the rust on the rh lower door pillar, seen in the first pic of the previous post.
I use thick paper , cut it to fit, tape it together, then transfer it to a piece of sheet metal to weld in.
a lot easier to cut the paper and get it right first before using the sheet metal.

last is a pic of the brace that gm welds on subs and panels to hold the rocker to the 1/4 panel.
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote