View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 06:53 AM   #10
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: 1965 C60 Engine Swap

That's yesterdays engine.For that is cost to put a LS in in any thing.That would be the engine you should run that big of opening i use to own a C60 1965 with a 16 foot bed.

I'm looking to buy another one soon and convert it to a Motorhome with sides that extend out.

That's option one

option 2 is a roll off container truck but the container is a small 30 foot house that i can drop any where that has Pro pain tanks a water tank and a take for waste an still have 25 feet to live out of.with shower sm kitchen bedroom and AC. quite generators running off pro pain.I can drop it in front of a lake in front of mountains.its self contained for 2 weeks or longer.Cat get any more cleaner then that

container cost me $35,000 truck with all the up dates like LS 6.0 engine Alison 9 speed auto transmission with a option 2 speed rear end for hard climes,Disc brakes 22.5 tires air Ride AC power rack steering.Hydro boosted brakes with a PTO.Ya i had a few of these trucks and drove one for 10 years for a truss company.

The truck would cost me 2500.00 all truck updates from a doner truck chassis 5000-11000.00. and its be easy to build.

Having a house you can take almost any where and unload it and live out of it for up to 1 month.Then if you grow tired of the settings you can hook up to it pick it up slide it back on the back if your truck and off you go at 25 mpg go to all sorts of camp grounds.I be lighter then a Big bus pusher plus i can pull a trailer or a small Car or truck.

Think Big with these truck's.

Make them do things that will get others thinking that's my Motto

an a heel of a lot cheaper to buy.Yes I will have to stop at the weigh stations.But i would not care.The cops would think its cool.windows on a container.But have metal doors that cover them during transport.

A friend of mind has one and he's up in Canada.Loves it up there in the summer months.

His is a 1966 3 ton bob tail with a hydrolic lift ram for containers But he's running the Duramax
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote