View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
Dano69c10

Re: New 78 LUV Mikado

Thanx RPOZ11, good to know.

Drove the LUV to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, it drove great! I was the only LUV on the road, although I did see one blue '73 Datsun 620. The front clip on those trucks remind me of a first-gen camaro.
I had to take a razor and remove some decals on the bottom of the windshield and remove some scotch tape from the back window (where the PO taped the temp license). I also removed the drivers' side interior sun visor, since I'm 6'2" and the visor would block my windshield view. Sorry, but I didn't think you guys would want to see pics of that.
The next projects are to get some "chevy" sideview mirrors. There is only a dinky driver's side LUV mirror that is not cutting it. I also need a bigger interior rear view mirror. The interior door and window handles are too small for my mitts, so I'm going to see about using some later model handles. I also want to have the bench seat and door panels reupolstered and install a tilt steering column to make getting in and out of the LUV a little less of a chore. The dash also needs some work (new gauges and a dash pad).
Keep ya all posted.
Dano

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote