View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #8
hugger6933

Re: pretty sure its a haunted 68 GMC with a 307

You have plenty of room in there don't sweat it. I was at the races one day years ago and my old Chevelle race car was giving me fits and sometimes when that happens to us we show our knowledge and are confident and know exactly what to do and other times it freaks some of us out and rips the confidence right away from us. Anyway my car was acting up [I think it was a needle and seat thing this old man walks up looks over the hood and then turns to me and says" boy if you never remember but one thing from fooling with this old racecar let it be this, if it has tires on it or boobies [he used a less family friendly site type word]on it it will cause trouble" then he turned and walked away. I never saw him at that track again and I looked for him for several months, although I don't know why maybe seeking more nuggets of wisdom. With the dist not moving and the valves not actuating I would dare a guess that it is in the chain area. It sounds to me as though you have indeed found the weakest link. Was it a double roller? Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote