Thread: 55.2-59 Sudden shutdown-58 Apache
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #13
mr48chev

Re: Sudden shutdown-58 Apache

Could be that you did have some bad gas. I try to only buy gas at newer high volume stations where I can expect them to have clean gas, Those ancient gas stations that have since been converted to mini marts often have tanks that are rusted inside and quite often don't take care to keep their gas clean and water free.

My brother in law used to deliver gas and said that Costco was the most picky about keeping their gas clean with no contamination as they won't even allow the delivery driver to stick the tank like they do at other stations.

Still keep tabs on it as you might still have an electrical problem. I had a lesson in those pickup coil leads a number of years ago while working on one that was doing about the same thing. Because the leads flex when the advance plate moves they ten to break inside the insulation right at the pickup coil. They might make contact most of the time and then loose contact momentarily.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote