View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:16 AM   #148
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Hell yea! Your gonna love hydroboost, that and the hydraulic clutch are the two best things I’ve done to mine to date. With stock D44 front disks and the 13” 14 bolt drums it stops right here, right now. Not always straight, but it stops fast I can’t wait to see it with that LSA in it. My dad came out to visit last year and I did a couple panic stops to show it off, he loved it so much he went and added it to his 72 K20.
I hope I like the brakes. Heard that the hydroboost can be a bit touchy and takes some getting used to. The unit was purchased from Vanco. From what I understand they are supposed to be educated on porting the units for ram steering and high flow power steering pumps both of which I will be using. Did not like where my brake pedal sat with the provided fixed rod (what I preferred). Did some welding on the brake pedal arm today and made another hole. Sits like stock pedal now. Going to ditch the CPP master provided by them and use a GM master cylinder from same year as my rear axle. Want to limit dealing with aftermarket products as much as possible. Have read a lot of bad stuff about CPP. If all goes as planned first motor fit tomorrow.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote