View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 01:47 PM   #46
sameyeam

Re: 72 Chevy K20 Wrecker restoration

Small but big update! I drove the truck! I have been motivated to get the truck to move under its own power, and it now does that and even has brakes! Not sure if I am done bleeding yet as I did install a new master cylinder and front calipers but the thing stops pretty good. I temporarily wired up my electric fuel pump, the purple wire from the harness triggers the relay for it. Works pretty good. The thing starts good, runs ok, its still open headers and there are other things just temporarily put together so i didnt lean on it too hard but seems to run ok as well. Still gotta figure out all my vacuum plumbing and, cooling plumbing. My water pump has 2 outlets, Intake has multiple provisions for coolant fittings, heater core is 2 and the radiator has 1. Right now i have the 5/8 hose going from the passenger hole on the water pump to the heater core, then the 3/4 going from the heater core to the radiator. I think i am going to plug both aux fittings for the water pump, put 1 fitting into the front passenger hole in the intake and run the 5/8 from that to the heater core. Also gotta figure out an exhaust. Money fixes everything but i am on a fiddle string budget (2 teen drivers is expensive!) and I would like to do what i can myself. I am gonna see if i can get a y pipe from an early square body, just add some bend to create 2 90* turns and then head down the passenger side of the frame. Also super pumped, i scored some late model HD 16" alloy wheels with decent tires for $50! and they look great! Ill get some pics soon. Thanks for following
2007 Pontiac Vibe (daily)
sameyeam is offline   Reply With Quote