View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 03:07 PM   #16
ShortbedClayton

Re: 1972 CST East Coast K5

Little back story on it…. Was posted on Facebook marketplace and I messaged the lady about the extreme bends on it but she wasn’t interested in selling seperate. She listed it for her husband. So after some phone tag we agreed on a price after some pics were exchanged. Old fella wouldn’t budge on price but I wouldn’t of either but never hurts to try.. So I called my buddy and we hooked my trailer up and headed 3.5 hours south into VA. About an hour away a deer runs out and smacks the front of my buddys truck… At that point I was ready to turn around and head home but he insisted on picking it up. We get there and the husband and wife that owned it we some of the nicest people I’ve come across. We loaded it up on the trailer and I started asking the 70 year old man about the k5. He had purchased it in 2000 for 500$ running and driving. The people he gotten it from installed a 4” suspension lift and a 4” body lift and it had some 40s under it. They were gonna take it mud bogging but they couldn’t get the steering to connect with the body lift so they gave up. He purchased it for a couple pieces to finish both his sons k5 blazer builds. It sat in the same spot since then until I loaded it up. He said it was decent shape when he bought it but sitting out for 22 years took its toll. After his wife found out we hit a deer she made him give me 100$ back.. she offered to cook me and my buddy dinner and sent us home with food and drink and told us to call her and let us know when we made it home even if it was gonna be 2:30am.. not an exciting story but I’ve said it before that you meet some of the nicest people thru these trucks and at the end of the day it’s those relationships you build that make it all worth while. Still talk to them occasionally and they said if I’m ever down that way again to not bother with a hotel they have plenty of space to spend a night or two..
Posted via Mobile Device
ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote