View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #53
R@nger
Psalm 23

Ok well I determined that its getting both spark and fuel...the problem I believe is that its getting to much fuel.

So the carb is now in many pieces. I'm going tomorrow to get some stuff to soak the parts in and possibly even some new gaskets and metering rods. The carb is a Quadrajet that I rebuilt last summer.

The other night when I took out all the plugs and cleaned them I noticed the back two plugs had gas in them, plus the carb looked like it had way to much gas sitting around when I opened the choke plate to have a look see. That would explain why it wouldn't start...to much fuel. I'm thinking that some dirt could have gotten in the carb and is blockin some stuff up, with the carb being a Quadjet I figured theres plenty of places for dirt to do that . I'm also going to replace the in carb fuel filter and epoxy the plugs as seen here(I got this site from someone here)http://www.carcraft.com/howto/57178/

I'll tell ya one thing though...as soon as I have the money I'm getting a Holley carb...this Quadjet is to "scientific" for me.

Hopefully after I've done this the truck will start right back up. If not I'm getting out the big hammer!

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 05-13-2005 at 11:43 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote